Port Perry Report June 12/04

Hey guys, first time poster and would like to introduce myself and give a bit of details on my game at Port Perry. I ended up waiting 2 hours for the 5-10 game.

I was doing well for my first half an hour. I floped a set of 7s and won a nice little pot. Won uncontested with two queens in my hand. And a few other odd hands as well. I'd say I was playing fairly tight.

Then it hit me. I had 10/King clubs in my hand and I floped the top two pair. I can't seem to remember what the Turn was, but when the river hit, an ACE came out. I was raising every chance I could with my top two pair, when we showed cards, it was headsup and the other guy had 2 aces in the hole.

For some reason I just started to tilt right after that. I was playing hands like a drunkard after that. Raising with 3/4off. Calling with 9/4off. Playing Ace/10off like a maniac and losing it to a set. I wasn't giving any thought to my cards, just playing them.

Now this was my first B&M I played at. And I learned the hardway AFTER the fact that I was on a tilt. I should have just had the dealer save my seat and go for a little walk then come back.

The moral of the story is that if you get beat... think 10 times before you plat your cards... it could cost you $300.

Comments

• I bet you made a lot of friends at the table :-)

It is very hard to not steam some off on tilt.
    You'll get em next time.