StatKing

Does anyone use StatKing to track tournament play. I have just switched from Card Player Analyst and while StatKing is clearly better for live play I am not sure it is the way to go for tournaments. Specifically I like to track number of entries and position finished as well as buy-in and payout (rather than just the net win/loss).

Comments

• I use StatKing to track all my play. It is excellent.
    I like to track number of entries and position finished as well as buy-in and payout (rather than just the net win/loss).

It takes a little creativity to track these things on StatKing. There is a notes function, but it is not easy to see your notes. That is probably the only way to track your position. I am not sure, however, what the usefulness of that information is in the long term (other than curiousity).

Buy-in is easy to track (enter it at the game type) and you can easily see your number of entries by selecting the game type.

So, for every tournament enter it as game type and limit. For example I always enter the game type followed by the limit. For example, "Tourney NL Hold'em sit-n-go $33" or "Tourney NL Multi table $33." Then, using the select game feature you can view all your tournaments or any individual type. Position of finish is more difficult. I use the "trophy" icon for all my tournaments -- single table and multi-table.

Payout is also easy. It is entered as win/loss. So, if you play a $11 sit-n-gp and win it goes into win loss as +$79. A loss goes in as -$11.
  • Is statking better then pokercharts.com? I started using pokercharts at the beginning of this month and I am impressed with it. But I wasn't using a system before so what do I know? :?
  • I am not familiar with Poker Charts so I can't say.
  • Dave - thanks for the idea about puting the buy-in in type. And yes position tracking is simply for interest sake
  • I love pokercharts.com it's excellent.