Vegas trip open invite

Comments

• FalkyBones wrote: »
    FYI, most of the buffalo to vegas flights are
    not direct (stop over at JFK, etc).. so keep
    that in mind when calculating time savings.

The flights I looked at out of buffalo are direct. But even most flights with a stop over add 1 hour to it. I had a direct flight to vegas in aug and coming home had a 45 minute stop over in chicago. I would never fly to New York to go to vegas. Head west young man.......

Here is the flight info

Depart Nov 11TueNonstopBUF-LAS2265Depart Buffalo (BUF) at 7:50 AM
    Arrive in Las Vegas (LAS) at 10:00 AM Return Nov 15SatNonstopLAS-BUF247Depart Las Vegas (LAS) at 2:00 PM
    Arrive in Buffalo (BUF) at 9:15 PM
  • has the bidding on the film rights for this safari been settled?

I see a mini series!!

Milton Slim
  • I see more blackmail than mini series money. :)

Start filming
  • Blackmail only works if you have a reputation to protect....

I have "Whitemail"

Mark
  • ddmilcan wrote: »
    has the bidding on the film rights for this safari been settled?

I see a mini series!!

potd!
  • Dr. Tyore to makeup!
    Get ready people we got alot of work to do.

Envious postings!

If you count me as good for the $$, put 5.00 on #17 the first roulette table you see. Win we split, lose I give you the five next time I see you

Milton Slim
  • ddmilcan wrote: »

If you count me as good for the $$, put 5.00 on #17 the first roulette table you see. Win we split, lose I give you the five next time I see you

Milton Slim

Consider it done.
  • I'm leaning towards coming down. But I'll probably do Wednesday to Sunday. That works better for me. Gotta find the good hotel deal.
  • Umm... a good hotel deal?

Stay at ours... we won't be using it much

Mark
  • Finalized my flight yesterday.
    $287USD Inclusive, flying direct,
    DTW to LAS and back again.
    Nov 5-12.

Holding off on booking a hotel
    til a little closer, still havent
    found the right deal yet.
    Lots of email offers coming in daily,
    but most are for Sept and Oct.

Watching all the 08 WSOP events on
    ESPN has got me pretty psyched up.
    Read an article the other day about the
    main event, Jeffery Pollack says there
    will be "plenty of seating for the public",
    so hopefully we can get to watch the
    final table live.
  • I'm almost 100% for that week...just waiting for one more and I'll be booking my flight.
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Umm... a good hotel deal?

Stay at ours... we won't be using it much

Mark

If I come down singley that would be fine. If I don't I think it may be awkward. :)
  • AcidJoe wrote: »
    If I come down singley that would be fine. If I don't I think it may be awkward. :)

Hey!

I'm friendly!

Mark
  • LOL I ain't worried about you.
  • Could someone let me know what the latest status is: like timing what week.. who is where.. etc..

I'm like 85% that I'll be there.. just need to confirm hard dates
  • Mark, Mario and I are flying out of Detroit Tues Nov 11 , staying a Harrahs then flying back Sat Nov 15. Wes is 96% in, Shannon is 50/50, they'll be crashing in our room. Looks like Acid Joe will be there, not sure what his hotel/flight plans are.
  • I can't confirm anything until after the weekend of the 20/21st. If I had my way I'd already be in with flight booked.
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Mark, Mario and I are flying out of Detroit Tues Nov 11 , staying a Harrahs then flying back Sat Nov 15. Wes is 96% in, Shannon is 50/50, they'll be crashing in our room. Looks like Acid Joe will be there, not sure what his hotel/flight plans are.

Moose and MMoose is there as well but I think they're booked for Excalibur.
  • This is just getting too good to pass up...... I always wanted to be a bail bondsman and just think of the practice I could get on this junket... I'm VERY seriously considering it as well, just for the entertainment value... I haven't booked anything yet but that's easy to do for that time of the year. Trying to convince more Rocks to throw their hat in the ring... Not sure where I'll fly out of yet, BUF or DTW (maybe even YYZ if a good deal opens up)... Snowflake, you in? Big Bob can't make it then...
  • Last time I checked Toronto Westjet had $164 seats one way but by the time you factor in taxes and surcharges it came to over $500
  • Joe...I was able to find WestJet from YYZ for $420~ returned tax included earlier this month but that seems to have sold out or price went back up. I just keep checking to see if the price drops of they have a sale again.
  • For anybody thinking about this time frame Spirit Air out of Detroit has flights on November 10 for $29.
  • woog30 wrote: »
    For anybody thinking about this time frame Spirit Air out of Detroit has flights on November 10 for $29.
    Link please? All I see is the regular $164. one way plus taxes. Best I can get out of Southwest Buffalo is $358. roundtrip all taxes in.
  • compuease wrote: »
    Link please? All I see is the regular $164. one way plus taxes. Best I can get out of Southwest Buffalo is $358. roundtrip all taxes in.

$29 sale is over now...
  • compuease wrote: »

Sorry Jeff posted as soon as I seen it this afternoon, it does appear not to be available now.
  • I'd also recommend staying at the Imperial Palace since...

* it's the cheapest place on the strip and it's center strip. ($35-$45 on Nov 11-13 $69-$79 on the weekend if you subscribe to their email newsletter)
    * there's a free shuttle next door at Harrahs which goes directly to the Rio
    * softest $1/$2 on the strip
    * large amount of Canadian tourists
    * $2/ hour poker comp

It's kinda dingy but it's a great value and has character.

When I stayed there, was playing drunken $2/$4 at a table that had 9 Canadians and one guy from California. One guy from BC who was at the table left 5 beer by my room door before he had to catch his flight back.

Also...
    * Lame Nightclub a one minute walk away from the poker room
    * Scary-oki

You prolly already made your reservations though.
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Moose and MMoose is there as well but I think they're booked for Excalibur.

Monte Carlo. We were going to switch to Harrahs but the price has jumped up. For now we are staying put.
  • btw one of things the moose's are doing for sure in vegas is the Todai Sushi buffet. If you like sushi then go to the website and sign up for the mailing list and they will send you a $5 coupon.

todai
  • moose wrote: »
    btw one of things the moose's are doing for sure in vegas is the Todai Sushi buffet. If you like sushi then go to the website and sign up for the mailing list and they will send you a $5 coupon.

todai

Count me in...I've heard decent/pretty good things about that place.
  • Coupon I got expires oct.14 so don't sign up until Nov.1

:(