Vegas trip open invite

Comments

• I'd like to check out Bellagio's Buffet and make a trek to Hard Rock Hotel to dine from the Pink Taco.
  • It looks like I won't be able to go to this. Too many other things going on right now. If it changes I'll let people know.
  • mmoose and I are going to get tickets for this for Thurs night Nov 13. Let me know if you are in and I will get tickets together. Booking Thurs night.

Specials for Shows, Events, Tours, and More | Travelzoo
  • Already seen it. For $150 we paid definitely not worth it. For that price it's not bad.
  • Price dropped back down again so switched booking to Harrahs for $311
  • From allvegaspoker.com regard Hard Rock Hotel's poker lounge:

The room also offers a very unique straddle concept. They offer something they have deemed the “Hard Rock Straddle”. The BUTTON can straddle (double the big blinds). This is NOT the same as a Mississippi Straddle. The Button straddle takes priority over the UTG straddle, and gets last action REGARDLESS of action in front. If there is a raise and a re-raise, the action around the entire table (including the blinds) completes before the button straddle acts. When the button straddles, UTG still acts first. This is a truly unique aspect to the Hard Rock Poker Lounge.
  • Harrah's is a great hotel, definately go there.
  • For the price, this is definately worth going to see, just sign up for a card.

The power of the Hooters players club sign-up is in the free tickets for the Bobby Slayton show, although some other goodies come with the deal, such as the new coupon for $10 in cashback after earning 10 points on the card.
  • For those who may still be thinking about this, Spirit Air (Detroit) has just added some midweek direct flights for $80. each way, or $71. with their club card... I think it's like $180. all taxes in for say the 11th until the 18th, I'm really tempted now. The only thing holding me back at the moment is no roomate... lol... Kristy?
  • compuease wrote: »
    The only thing holding me back at the moment is no roomate... lol... Kristy?

Dude that should be the only thing making you go. Hookers and blow...hookers and blow...and you don't need to share...
    For those who may still be thinking about this, Spirit Air (Detroit) has just added some midweek direct flights for $80. each way, or $71. with their club card... I think it's like $180. all taxes in for say the 11th until the 18th, I'm really tempted now. The only thing holding me back at the moment is no roomate... lol... Kristy?

Midweek only? Damn
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Midweek only? Damn
    I know you can go Tuesday Nov 11th to Sunday Nov 16th for about $250. all in, Going is the $80 fare, and coming back is $148. Tues to Tues is $80. each way.
  • Dude...

You've got FOUR roommates already!!

Mark
    I know you can go Tuesday Nov 11th to Sunday Nov 16th for about $250. all in, Going is the $80 fare, and coming back is $148. Tues to Tues is $80. each way.

But I kinda feel like going earlier now to watch the FT especially since I can get tickets into th seating area.
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Dude...

You've got FOUR roommates already!!

Mark
    Huh?
  • Anyone feel like upgrading to a Venetian/Palazzo suite? Got an invite in the mail for a pretty sweet rate.
    Anyone feel like upgrading to a Venetian/Palazzo suite? Got an invite in the mail for a pretty sweet rate.
    $20.?
  • For those still thinking of going around this time, I just checked the Spirit Air site and all of these dates have $80. one way flights, all direct out of Detroit. You can mix and match, doesn't have to be minimum # of days.

To Vegas
    Return to Detroit

09-Nov
    14-Nov
    11-Nov
    18-Nov
    12-Nov
    20-Nov
    For those still thinking of going around this time, I just checked the Spirit Air site and all of these dates have $80. one way flights, all direct out of Detroit. You can mix and match, doesn't have to be minimum # of days.

To Vegas
    Return to Detroit

09-Nov
    14-Nov
    11-Nov
    18-Nov
    12-Nov
    20-Nov

Hmmmm...depart Nov 9 for the FT or 11 with the gang?
    $20.?

x6. $50 gaming credit + $50 restaurant credit.
  • uh isn't your spirit ticket nonrefundable?
  • moose wrote: »
    uh isn't your spirit ticket nonrefundable?

Thats assuming I paid and bought it already - which I haven't.
  • Anyone attending the AllVegasPoker AVP-VII
    meetup/tournament at the IP on saturday Nov 8th ?
    Hmmmm...depart Nov 9 for the FT or 11 with the gang?
    Be aware that the only $80 available flight on the 9th is in the evening so too late for the 1st day of the FT. I'm thinking the 11th to 18th if I go.
  • We hope you can make it Jeff! Of course you're invited to stay in our room.

Wes and Moose: I'm not particularly interested in seeing a show such as Cirque du Soleil or whatever, but there a couple bands playing in Vegas that week I wouldn't mind checking out.

MUDVANYE Nov 12
    BLUES TRAVELER Nov 14
  • We are booked Thurs night for LaReve and will probably do the Rio Seafood buffet the same night.
  • Harrahs is down to $308us. Capri room at IP is $175us. Hookers and blow extra.

Nightly Rates
    Tue11/11/2008 $32.00*
    Wed11/12/2008 $32.00*
    Thu11/13/2008 $32.00*
    Fri11/14/2008 $79.00*

Edit: found a better one for Harrahs. Stay 3 nights get 4th for free. travelworm.com or expedia.ca $254US or $293 Cdn
  • Ok I'm in.... No room booked as yet, but given the state of the US economy I gotta believe there will be great deals as we get closer.....

You booked as yet Wes?

Johnnie, how many are in your room anyways, 8,10,15?

And how much should I bring for bail bondsmen?

Date Flt Depart Time Arrive Time Stops
    Tue 11 Nov 2008 771 DTW (DTW) 06:05 LAS (LAS) 07:25 0

Tue 18 Nov 2008 772 LAS (LAS) 08:25 DTW (DTW) 15:15 0

Fare & Charge Breakdown:

Fare + FET: 197.76
    Discounts: -18.00
    Travel Taxes and Fees: 21.00
    Total Fare Price: 200.76
    Ok I'm in.... No room booked as yet, but given the state of the US economy I gotta believe there will be great deals as we get closer.....

You booked as yet Wes?

Johnnie, how many are in your room anyways, 8,10,15?

And how much should I bring for bail bondsmen?

No not yet. There is 3 in the room so far with Mark, Johnnie and Mario. You will need to get your own room for Sat/Sun/Mon night since you're flying back on 18 while the rest of us are gone on the 15th.