Vegas trip open invite

Comments

• DrTyore wrote: »
    FWIW...

I like that idea that compuease had with going down on the 10th and playing a bit.... Who's driving btw?

Mark

I like that idea as well. I could maybe ask Taunya to drive us in her van or something...? Give her some coin each...thoughts?

stp
  • Taunya's coming?

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Taunya's coming?

Mark
    Should be a very interesting room....:) On a serious note, I will be driving down alone since I don't come back until the 18th. However if any of you can get a ride back with the Moose's, I think they are coming back on the overnight flight on the 15th, then you can get a ride down on the 11th with me. I have room for 3 more, in a Matrix may be a bit tight but hey, man love and all being what it is, we should be ok.... Just let me know what time on the 10th and where and I'll be there...
  • If Tanuya's is coming we need another hotel room, or an upgrade to a suite.
  • Who's Tanuya?
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Who's Tanuya?

A friend of Shannon's that came to Seneca with us in December. She's cool, but now it's 6 or so in the room! Getting squishy!
  • Lol, no she is not coming!

I was just saying she could possibly drive us. She is a student so may have some time off that day. LOL. You crazy guys you.

stp
  • Why not take compuease' offer of squishing in his car on the way down, and then come back with the Mooses?
  • We may possibly come down Mon night as well to play the tourney.
    Why not take compuease' offer of squishing in his car on the way down, and then come back with the Mooses?

Can we do this Moose?
  • Note that the WSOP drama will unfold on ESPN starting with the preview show at 8 pm EST (11 PM Las Vegas time?) on Tuesday, November 11 with the final table action starting an hour later. Another idea is to have a dinner buffet together, then watch the WSOP broadcast together in whichever hotel room has the largest TV. Heads-up will begin at 10 PM Monday at the Rio, but it will probably be over when we arrive.
    westside8 wrote: »
    Btw...you guys up for buffet lunch somewhere on the first day?
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Can we do this Moose?

Who is riding in the trunk? I got room for 3.
    This time I'm flying with Southwest only because they had the 50% off promo to fly out of Buffalo, but promo is now over and probably does not cover the time you're looking to go. Flying out of Buffalo, your best bet is to just keep checking sites like Expedia...I found something when I went in July for uder $300 CDN both ways with US Airways, but that was when the Canadian dollar was at par if not better vs. the USD.

Yeah, I noticed it didn't cover the dates. I guess it's the high season. I guess I'll keep looking at those sites, thanks.
  • The more I think about it the more I think it may be a good idea to upgrade*. We will be in the room on occasion and may want some extra room for all of the crap we're going to have with us.

I would assume the cost may only be an extra $10** a person or so....

Wanna look into it?

stp

*As long as it is reasonable
    ** Nothing to base this assumption on
  • I think you mentioned you were staying at Harrah's, we stayed there last year the rooms are very small. With 4-5 guys it's going to be cramped. If your looking for a place to crash, nothing special but bigger rooms check Bally's. I got it for 50/night in June, it is centrally located typically you'll get couch or chair plus a desk with chair.
    stpboy wrote: »
    The more I think about it the more I think it may be a good idea to upgrade*. We will be in the room on occasion and may want some extra room for all of the crap we're going to have with us.

I would assume the cost may only be an extra $10** a person or so....

Wanna look into it?

stp

*As long as it is reasonable
    ** Nothing to base this assumption on
  • I think you mentioned you were staying at Harrah's, we stayed there last year the rooms are very small. With 4-5 guys it's going to be cramped.

I'm pretty sure thats why they chose it..
  • BBC Z wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure thats why they chose it..

Hey Woog. Thanks for the info, much appreciated. I stayed at the Nugget last year and my room was huge however I know these guys wanna stay on the strip and frankly so do I.

Lol BBC. You know thats Mario and Mark in my profile pic eh? We love being close to eachother, some more then others.

See you this weekend?

stp
  • Or just move in to compuease's "balla" suite below with xxxcindyxxx and the Russian twins! ;)

playboy_suite_pool.jpg

Seriously, if you guys wanted another room for more space, Imperial Palace next door is $32 on weeknights (Hooters and Binion's have some nights for $29). A friend took up Riviera's $18.50/night offer with promotional code "SLOTDK".
  • Not to make you guys sick but I just got an email from Spirit Air, same flights as we're on for $49. each way... Damn..... and I payed $89.... So if anyone else wants to go and hasn't booked get on it now....
  • Yes, U$119 total for a direct round-trip flight is incredible. I'm happy with my great deal flying from Buffalo, but if I hadn't booked yet, I would have gone to Caesars Windsor's WSOP tournament on November 8, then fly out of Detroit the next morning.
    compuease wrote: »
    $49. each way... Damn..... and I payed $89.... So if anyone else wants to go and hasn't booked get on it now....
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    Yes, U$119 total for a direct round-trip flight is incredible. I'm happy with my great deal flying from Buffalo, but if I hadn't booked yet, I would have gone to Caesars Windsor's WSOP tournament on November 8, then fly out of Detroit the next morning.

+1...oh wells
  • Hate to break the news but I have an incredible job offer for me to accept with a proposed start date of ...... NOV 10.

Now to see how much I can get back from southwest after booking tickets. The hard part is even if I ask them to wait a week, I gotta clean up my present stuff before I go.

Career getting in the way of vegas.... what a crime.
  • AcidJoe wrote: »
    Hate to break the news but I have an incredible job offer for me to accept with a proposed start date of ...... NOV 10.

Now to see how much I can get back from southwest after booking tickets. The hard part is even if I ask them to wait a week, I gotta clean up my present stuff before I go.

Career getting in the way of vegas.... what a crime.
    Sucks to be you... lol.... We'll think of you often,.... NOT!
    Seriously though, don't think you'll get anything back for the tickets and as I recall they are not transferable either...
    Wasn't a friend going with you as well?

Good luck in the new job...
  • Seeing how our own Michael Watson is doing so well again at Caesars at the moment made me think of something. Wonder if he's in Vegas while we're there? Maybe he can get us a chance to play in the big game? lol, well actually if he would get together with us at some point, maybe shoot some pool at Daniels..... Wes, sounds like your task...
  • compuease wrote: »
    Seeing how our own Michael Watson is doing so well again at Caesars at the moment made me think of something. Wonder if he's in Vegas while we're there? Maybe he can get us a chance to play in the big game? lol, well actually if he would get together with us at some point, maybe shoot some pool at Daniels..... Wes, sounds like your task...

He's back in town this weekend as soon as he takes down the Caesar's
    Sucks to be you... lol.... We'll think of you often,.... NOT!
    Seriously though, don't think you'll get anything back for the tickets and as I recall they are not transferable either...
    Wasn't a friend going with you as well?

Good luck in the new job...

It might suck to be me, but this is one of those opportunities you JUST don't pass up.

I can pass on the boarding pass to her but she probably won't go since I was able to cancel the hotel out completely. It looks like southwest will give me squat.
  • FYI, CardPlayer just posted an article about the deep stack events in Las Vegas this month. In addition, Choron is featured in the back page of the current issue of the magazine.
  • Just read on Allvegas poker that the V has free buffet every day for poker players until Nov 25......
  • It looks like I might be interested in playing in the Event 14 at Ceasars. Thursday at noon $225.

stp
    Just read on Allvegas poker that the V has free buffet every day for poker players until Nov 25......

Any more details? Tournament players? Cash game players? Minimum play if cash game players?